RELAX YOUR WAY TO BETTER HEALTH…NATURALLY!
If you’re looking for a way to improve your health and wellbeing, and be able to relax at the same time…you’ve come to the right place!
What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a natural therapy which creates a physiological response within your body – stimulating the reflexes sends signals to all of your organs, glands, and the various systems to work as efficiently and effectively as is possible for your body, helping to:
– Ease Stress & Tension
– Improve Circulation
– Improve Nerve Flow
– Boost Lymphatic function
– Promote detoxification
– Increases energy & Vitality
– Improves Sleep Patterns
– Reduce Pain
– Improves the Immune System
Reflexology is a natural healing therapy involving no medication or drugs. It is based on the principle that every organ, system and part of the body has a corresponding reflex area or zone in the feet. By applying gentle but firm pressure to these reflexes it stimulates the body’s natural energy flow, and can help release any blockages along these energy pathways. This relaxes tension and improves nerve and blood supply. Because circulation is improved, this subsequently helps the elimination of waste toxins accumulated within the tissues and cells of the body, and helps bring vital nutrients to the cells. Thus the free flow of energy restores balance to the whole body. This gentle therapy encourages the body to heal itself at its own pace.
Reflexology improves your body’s natural healing processes – your body will do what it needs to do to create a healing effect. We can’t force a body do what isn’t natural to that body.
With reflexology, I can help you with:
- Lymphatic Drainage (through the feet) – helping to ease fluid retention & very effective for swelling in the feet & ankles and improving lymph flow in the whole body.
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (lower limbs) – very effective at reducing swelling in the legs and feet.
- Hormonal Balancing – helpful for: infertility, PMS, menstrual cycle problems, and general health if you are out of balance & over-stressed (adrenal fatigue).
- Australian Bush Flower Essences – tailor made for individual use. Vibrational medicine, very beneficial at helping you find mind/body/spirit balance – balancing/calming/uplifting your vibrations -whatever you require. Gentle, yet very powerful. ‘Emergency Essence’ (similar to Rescue Remedy) is also available in the clinic.
- Stimulating the Meridians (energy pathways) of the body (Brazilian Toe Technique) – helps improve your energy flow & the organs at the same time.
- EMMTECH for Reflexologists (Easy Muscle Management TECHnique – helping to ease muscles/tendons in neck/shoulders/arms/legs/feet). For: lower leg pain/swelling/cramps, mid-lower back pain, hip/knee pain, restriction in legs, trouble getting up out of chairs/inability to support weight, rolling the ankle(s), discomfort/stiff ankles, balance, circulation/cold feet, Morton’s neuroma, plantar faciitis, bunions, hammer toes, difficulty turning head side to side, tightness/shallow breathing.
- Myopractic Technique – muscle cross-fibre technique to reduce pain and muscle tension.
- Maternity/Baby Reflexology helping with Infertility (endocrine/hormone imbalance, PMS, Dysmenorrhoea, Impotence, Libido), Pregnancy (morning sickness, nausea, vomiting, constipation, heartburn, backache, insomnia, pelvic discomfort, carpel tunnel, headaches, sore feet, heart burn, Oedema, Diabetes, Anaemia, Thyroid, Fatigue, anxiety, High/Low Blood Pressure), Labour & Birth (endocrine balance, induction, pain relief, relaxation), Post Natal (promotes lactation, post-epidural pain, calms & relaxes mother & baby, wound recovery, balances the body, postnatal depression), Breast Feeding (relaxation, hormone balance, improved flow, mastitis, milk suppression, lymphatic drainage,engorgement, baby relaxation), Baby (colic, constipation, teething, hiccups, breastfeeding, earaches, pain relief).
- Facial Reflexology – another form of reflexology, helping the whole body with very effective results, even for ailments that you may have had for a while. Also for those who don’t like people touching your feet.
- Hand Reflexology – giving relief to arthritis, carpel tunnel, oedema/swelling in hands/forearms (inc post-mastectomy), numbness, circulation, etc; and if you’re uncomfortable with people touching your feet. Great for ‘self-care’ reflexology too!
- Foot Care/Hygiene
- Foot/Lower Leg exercises
- and help you to understand your unconscious reasons for ailments via metaphysical reasons (the thoughts and feelings) and reading the feet
Sonia specializes in reflexology for your feet and hands using the Ingham Method or the Vietnamese facial reflexology, or Dien’ Cham’ Method.
What Conditions Can Be Treated?
Apart from the obvious that reflexology helps sore, tired feet and makes you feel good, reflexology has been found to be effective for many conditions, including:
• Back, Neck and Shoulder Pain
• Headaches, Migraines
• Infertility, Hormonal Imbalances, PMT, Menopause
• Balances Blood Pressure
• Sleep Disorders
• Sports Injuries
• Digestive Disorders
• Stress/Nerve-related Conditions: Depression/Anxiety
• Sinus Problems
And many, many more
Beneficial for all ages (pregnancy, birth, babies, children, teenagers, adults, elderly), the application and effect of reflexology is unique to each person. While Reflexologists do not claim to cure, diagnose or prescribe, the benefits of reflexology can have a powerful healing effect as it allows your body to regain its proper balance and remove unhealthy blockages that create illness.
When will I feel better? / How many treatments are required?
Most people feel an immediate improvement in sleep and energy levels the day after a treatment. However, each person is unique and their response to ill health and the treatment will vary accordingly. Most people need around 3 treatments to detox and eliminate waste from the body to allow the healing phase to start. The number of treatments required will vary according to the nature of your conditions/state of health, your sensitivity to the treatment and any lifestyle and dietary changes you make. Many people use Reflexology for health maintenance and find that it marks a turning point in their state of health, also feeling that their body is more relaxed and balanced.
The History of Reflexology
Reflexology is an ancient healing therapy which has been practiced for thousands of years by the Chinese, Indians and Egyptians. It was also known to some of the primitive tribes of Africa and to the Red Indians. Reflexology was introduced to the Western World in 1913 by Dr. William Fitzgerald, an American ear, nose and throat surgeon, and was later refined by Eunice lngham in the 1930′s.
Disclaimer: Reflexology is a unique and safe therapy and may be self-administered in a limited form whenever desired. The purpose of a reflexology treatment is not to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health condition, but to promote better health and overall well being and is a form of preventive therapy. Reflexology works well with the use of conventional medical treatments and/or any other therapy. Its practice should not be compared to massage or any other kind of manipulative procedure. This information is provided by Sonia Bailey for general information purposes only and should not be considered complete or exhaustive and thus covering all health conditions or treatments. This is not intended as a substitute for advice provided by your own doctor or health care provider.
Together with any of the above, I may also incorporate in a treatment :
- Metamorphosis (see more information on this website)
- Chakra/Energy Balancing
(to know what you need, I connect with your higher self to find out what it is you need on any given day – no two treatments may be the same).
I hope to see you some time and help you on your life’s journey!
Warm regards, Sonia Bailey